cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app doesn’t sign in on Now Tv smart box

Hi,

Now TV works fine on iPad and iPhone but on Now TV box, when I press the button to Sign in on my Now TV app, it displays an error message “oops, something went wrong. We couldn’t log you in right now, please try again later”. It has been showing this all day but works fine on other mobile devices. Please help. Already tried updating software on the Now TV box and also did factory reset but issue still persists.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No answer but mine has been like it for 2 days and i cant find any way of talking to any one if u manage to get an answer pls help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ll be looking into it 24/7 as it’s my main source of entertainment. Will keep updated if I find a solution. I might have to try get in touch with sky people. Sucks when bought a subscription for a full year and lasted less than a month.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say you did a factory reset, was that a full hard reset where a 6 digit code was shown on your TV screen and you had to go to nowtv.com/tv to re activate the box ?

I would try a factory reset again, this time try pressing the Home button 5 times, then quickly press the FF button 3 times, then press the RW button 2 times on the remote and from the secret screen menu select factory reset.

Might be worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just tried that and no luck!! Its soo annoying but thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah by factory reset, I meant I’ve done exactly the same procedure. Had to setup everything all over again just like I did when I first got this now TV box less than a month ago. Every other app on it works fine apart from Now TV that wouldn’t let me sign in

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have recently had this issue and was resolved by the live chat team  You will find out it is a ip adress issue. If you sign out a working device whilst connecting to wifi Yiu will find you will get the error message but if you sign in using another Internet source you will not get the error message.. It is definitely a now tv issue and not a broadband issue. The live chat team resovled mine after a day or two explaining my ip adress was not showing in the Uk even tho I had never used a vpn which they were suggesting . But overall the live chat team was good help 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

If it's an Internet IP address related issue, then sometimes switching the power off to your router for about 20 minutes may fix it (no guarantee mind, but worth a shot if you can live with no Internet for 20 mins).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will try this one and get back tomorrow if it helps. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve turned WiFi off last night for half hour and tried it, didn’t work. Then left the router off for whole night before bed. Checked it this morning and it started working again. 😊😊😊