cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box set up

Hi there, I have tried several times to install my Smart box and nothing happens. Should there be a light that comes on on the Smart box? I have unplugged everything including the router and set up everything again from scratch and nothing. I can't get anything to show up on the TV. Can anyone help please?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
There should be I think a purple light at front of your Smart box
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, nothing comes on at all
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When you plug the NOW TV box yu should notice a flashing purple in the front corner of the box (it's fairly pale so check carefully). If you see nothing at all it could be a faulty box/PSU so you'd need to contact the vendor your purchased from.

If you do see a light, make sure you've switched the TV to the correct HDMI input and try resetting the box - there's a small reset button on the underside, you need to hold this down for a good 30-40 seconds, might find it easier to press a pen or something into it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, I shall try again but I think it could be a faulty box. Nothing
appears on my telly and I've tried both HDMI slots
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you can't see any flashing purple light on the front of the box when you first plug power in then it does look as if the box and/or power supply is at fault. Get back in touch with the vendor you bought from for a replacement/refund, or if you bought it direct from NOW TV see this help page

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-or-accessories

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's great, thank you