cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box NowTV App after Update

Hi,

My now Tv app has stopped working after last nights update. I can’t load the app, or any movie/entertainment channels. It only shows the loading screen with the four rotating dots until I crashes. All other apps work and the internet connection is excellent. I’ve tried every reboot including back to factory settings and I’ve done the remote thing (5xHome, 3xRewind, 2xFast forward).

Any other suggestions would be welcome, I mainly want to find out if anyone else is suffering with the issue?

Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with the Talk Talk Routers, where my ISP is BT.

I would still try powering off your router for say 20 minutes, just to see if there is any difference how the nowtv app performs (even though your other Apps on the box are working).

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on talktalk and been having this same problem for a few weeks. Do you no how to solve it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on talktalk and having the same problem
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also a talk talk user and have been having the same problem. Was advised by tech team to buy new smart box, still not working. Have spent hours on chat and emails going back and forth... no one seems to know how to fix it. Very frustrated at the lack of customer service with now tv!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am with bt and am having the same problem also no one at now tv to help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone had any joy yet? Mine is still not working despite trying all suggestions 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Curious to know if the issues regarding the smart NowTV box and TalkTalk ISP users has been resolved, I've not been able to use the NowTV app for a number of weeks. I've tried all of the suggestions on this thread with very limited success. Please help...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another TalkTalk user here unable to connect to the NOW App through my NOW TV Smart Box. Been like it for a week and a half. Pull your finger out and let's be having a solution, I suspect many users are having the same problem but think it's just them. 

Ill give it it another week and cancel my subscription, I suggest others might do the same as reading this thread it looks as if we are not a priority.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m a talktalk fibre customer also and have been unable to use any of the apps when connected wirelessly for a good few weeks. After reading this thread I have plugged the ethernet cable into the box and everything works fine but this is obviously a problem with the recent update of the nowtv smart box. Can someone in tech please get this issue sorted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm a Talk Talk customer. I've been having problems on and off for a couple of months but it now seems to have completly stopped working altogether. I can get the home screen but as soon as I try and watch anything I just get spinning circles. Luckily I have 2 Now TV boxes, the standard box I have still works fine but the 'NOW TV Smart Box' is the one that no longer works. I can also watch fine using my PC. I've tryed all the usual things to get it working again but no joy so far. Please fix or I want my money back on my Smart Box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem. Can’t watch Now at all - so frustrating. I am with Sky for Internet etc.  I had decided to end my subscription due to previous problems but still had 2 weeks of my month left before it ended. Would have liked to watch a show rather than spinning coloured balls. Such bad service from the Now team...