cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box NowTV App after Update

Hi,

My now Tv app has stopped working after last nights update. I can’t load the app, or any movie/entertainment channels. It only shows the loading screen with the four rotating dots until I crashes. All other apps work and the internet connection is excellent. I’ve tried every reboot including back to factory settings and I’ve done the remote thing (5xHome, 3xRewind, 2xFast forward).

Any other suggestions would be welcome, I mainly want to find out if anyone else is suffering with the issue?

Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with the Talk Talk Routers, where my ISP is BT.

I would still try powering off your router for say 20 minutes, just to see if there is any difference how the nowtv app performs (even though your other Apps on the box are working).

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnappswrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

My smart box from the original hardware nowtv trial which I received in April / May 2016 is working fine via a hard wired Ethernet connection to my BT Home Hub Router with the latest firmware update version 8.0.3 build 4186~16.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if @Anonymous User who has also reported the problem is also on TalkTalk or with another ISP to see if there is a pattern merging here ?  

Same as you @schnapps. Having no issues here. I'm also hard wired (ethernet) with BT as my isp. Unlike you however I use a 3rd party router and Powerline adapters (all TP-Link) and so far all is good. (Could be famous last words there). Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am with talk talk too and up till yesterday everything was fine then I couldn't get now TV so I have resorted to an Ethernet cable connection instead of wifi, working ok at the moment
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try using an Ethernet cable instead of wifi . My talk talk WiFi won't work but Ethernet does.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If this is a solution it doesn't work I have tried this it works for a short time the stops. I have tried changing the router channel from auto to a specific channel that worked for a short time,I have now gone back to Ethernet connection.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been experiencing the same issue with a talk talk fibre account. Once connected to ethernet my smart TV box works but this is not ideal due to the long ethernet cable across the floor. Still got an open call with support.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Big thank you to Schnapps for help and advice. The 30 second reset has done trick and as of this afternoon my Smart Box is now working a treat. Thank you. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Was that the 30 second reset on the micro switch underneath the bottom of the smart box or on your Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps, it was the 30 second reset on the Smart Box. I had previously tried to reset the Smart Box albeit only pressing the reset for 10 seconds or so.

Thank again for you help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have gone into the router settings (talk talk) and set the 2.4M band to 50% power. All now working fine .
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue and I am a talk talk customer what can we do?