cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box NowTV App after Update

Hi,

My now Tv app has stopped working after last nights update. I can’t load the app, or any movie/entertainment channels. It only shows the loading screen with the four rotating dots until I crashes. All other apps work and the internet connection is excellent. I’ve tried every reboot including back to factory settings and I’ve done the remote thing (5xHome, 3xRewind, 2xFast forward).

Any other suggestions would be welcome, I mainly want to find out if anyone else is suffering with the issue?

Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with the Talk Talk Routers, where my ISP is BT.

I would still try powering off your router for say 20 minutes, just to see if there is any difference how the nowtv app performs (even though your other Apps on the box are working).

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add, the app works fine on all other devices. I assume it is to do with the firmware on the smart box causin an issue with the NowTV app, all others work perfectly including sky store.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! My now TV has stopped working too on my TV that use now TV box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this isn't going to help you guys but NowTV is working as normal on my Smart Box since the recent update. I've just put it through its paces again to test it out for you. 

Hopefully someone can come along with some help for you both. Good luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Would I have thought that a forced software update via the secret menu or a full factory reset on the box would have resolved the issue which wasn't the case in your setup.

I wonder if the new firmware update on the nowtv smart box has possibly caused a conflict with the nowtv app and your router in some way (just a pure guess on my part).

Out of curiosity, who is your ISP ?

What happens if you power down your router for 15 to 20 minutes to see if that makes any difference to the operation of the nowtv app on the smart box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @schnapps (Champion 1),

Your thoughts are the same as mine, it looks to be a conflict between the firmware update and the app. The support team don’t seem to have a clue but have said they will update me within the next 24hrs.

My ISP is TalkTalk on their super fast fibre and I’m running at 60mbps with everything connected so I don’t think that’s the issue. I was wondering whether the update had forced the box to change onto another channel on the router, but I don’t have any issues with other apps like BBC Iplayer, skystore or YouTube.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with the Talk Talk Routers, where my ISP is BT.

I would still try powering off your router for say 20 minutes, just to see if there is any difference how the nowtv app performs (even though your other Apps on the box are working).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @schnapps (Champion 1)

Did what you said as well as changed the channel on the router and it seems to be up and running!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted, fingers crossed the nowtv App will now remain stable & working on your nowtv smart box Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not content with subjecting us to endless nights of Groundhog Day where we are subjected to watching previous scenes lasting around fiftenn minutes or so. Now after this latest update all I can view is the NowTv splash screen consisting of coloured balls and balloons and other gunk, nothing else bar a few stuttered words with absolutely no picture whatsover.

Resetting does no good, been through all the usual checks, it looks as though this smart box has been well and truly bricked...previous shades of Grounhog day.

ISP is Virgin Media for the record accessing wired and network previously, when it worked