cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

hi i have had this

box of junk for 2 weeks now it keeps loosing all freeiew chanels fixed after reset then goes missing again 3 times i have had to reset the box also films freeze its not my broadand or tv ariel they are working fine any help please before i take it back for a refund

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

My smart box which is over a year old now has been 100% stable where i have excellent Freeview reception from the TV aerial 175 + channels and a reliable high speed internet courtesy of BT where the NowTV streams (over Ethernet) have been rock solid with zero buffering.

A few people on the forums have mentioned that the inbuilt TV tuner of the smart box doesn't seem to be sensitive  receiving a TV signal reception compared to their TV inbuilt tuner especially in low too moderate Freeview coverage areas.

Unfortunately i can't offer any suggestions apart from make sure the box software is up to date, keep the box away from any potential interference such has power cables etc, ensure adequate ventilation to the box which does get hot or maybe try a replacement smart box under warranty (You never know you might have temperamental faulty box) before you get a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the reply it was working fine then just lost it all as its less than the 30 days old i will be returning for a refund  thanks Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Omfg

I've been sat here talking to the idiots on live chat for over hour and half..4 diff people.did even know what I meant....went out came home and there is no bloody option to watch free to air channels..I'm well ######
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure if you have tried this already, but i would suggest carrying out a hard factory reset on the smart box, where you will have to re enter all your nowtv details and rescan the TV channels again on the smart box.

See link guide how to factory reset the nowtv box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

If after the factory reset, re scanning the TV channels and going into the menu settings to check for software updates and should the problem still persists where you keep losing the Freeview channels and you are happy with your TV aerial signal reception.

Then i would suggest either getting a replacement smart box or ask the Retailer where you purchased the box from for a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea it worked....drove mys6mad...live chat didn't even have a ur what a smart box was....not smart 😂😂
Train your staff up.

Thanks schnapps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For some reason the freeview part of my NowTV smart box has disappeared, so i am unable to watch freeview channels via my smart box. It was working last night but when i have switched on the TV this morning its completly disappeared. I did not re-tune or make any changes, i have tried re-tuning the freeview channels but this hasn't worked.

Has this happened to anyone else, does anybody have any idea as to what has happened and also how to get it sorted.

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already, please try schnapps above suggestion...

Cheers