cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As with any TV signal reception, the positioning of your aerial (especially an indoor aerial) is important. It also needs to be located as far away as possible from any WiFi transmitters to avoid interference...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, having had full complement of HD channels (free view) on my smart box, since last October, on  Friday, CBeebies HD, BBC News HD, BBC 4 HD and 4+1HD (amongst others) all disappeared. Previous answers to this problem don't fit, as aerial is external, plus when I switch source back to the TVs own tuner, they are all there. I have now done at least 6 standard scans over last few days as well as 2 factory resets. And the channels won't return. Any assistance gratefully received. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User do you have an aerial booster?  It might be worth trying.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 4268, as the tv itself has no problem getting the channels, using the same aerial, I don't believe its the aerial having the problem. But thanks.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Is your 'smart' box connected to the internet via WiFi? If so, the Wi-Fi signal could be swamping the incoming DVB-T/T2 (Freeview) signal...

Is your coaxial cable the double insulated type? If not, it could be picking up the WiFi signals Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi seemoredigital, smart box is on wired connection, don't know about cable but why would cable not be affected by a wifi signal when plugged into to tv direct, only 30cm away from where it would be when plugged into the smart box, but thanks for trying.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  it is because of interference between the two signals.  Can you try turning off your router temporarily whilst you run a channel scan to see if that makes any difference to how many you get?   I am not suggesting you leave it off simply trying to see if a better insulated coaxial would make a difference.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 4268, just tried what you suggested twice, and no change, channels still missing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have exactly same issue. Rescanned channels and still nothing. Exactly same channels disappeared. Noticed a few days ago but can't be sure if they haven't been gone a little while longer. Can't see that being a coincidence.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the last 2 days when I've turned on my TV and Smart Box, after not being used for a few hours, the menu on the screen is mising the whole of the Freeview section.

The menu on screen is the same as a regular NowTV Box. No Live Channel box or TV Guide listed. I've had to reboot the box to get the usual menu back and Freview Channels.

Any ideas what could be causing this ?