cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The router is downstairs, I will power it off and try a retune, the coax I believe is double shielded.
Whilst I appreciate everyone's suggestions it still seems to point to the tuner in the box being the issue, perhaps it's not as good as a tv tuner or maybe a little more sensitive to interference.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...it still seems to point to the tuner in the box being the issue, perhaps it's not as good as a tv tuner or maybe a little more sensitive to interference.

Indeed, when you have a (DVB-T/T2) tuner located within the same box as a WiFi receiver/sender the shielding has to be spot on.

Good cable management is also important. Indeed, a birds-nest of cables curled-up behind your A/V devices can all generate interference Smiley Surprised  

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I moved it to the conservatory which is fed from the same booster and quite a distance from the router, I re-tuned and now get 179 channels so yup something with the cable in the bedroom me thinks, could possibly be the mac and a small network swhich in the room next to it?

cheers everyone for taking the time to respond.... I'll try something different upstairs. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. BBC 1 & 2 are missing. I has to be the NowTv box. Is there some form of rights issue?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User are you using an internal or external aerial.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem, this morning all live tv options had gone. Under settings, power, I did a system restart, that seems to have solved the problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've lost all my free view channels on my now TV smart box