cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Correct. Fixed it for me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Follow the instructions above and fix it yourself.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It has not worked!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Oh. Sorry. Maybe try manually selecting different software versions?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi yes, hard reset and reset through the menu.
I presume this is a bug in the software version and a fix may be released soon?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks theevilreddevil.
To confirm your advice on updating to new version of software worked. Best get some tests in around that 😉

Ta
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My smart box just updated to software Version: 7.5.3 Build 4056 which lost the freeview menu options. By following the hidden menu instructions above to force a software update, the box just installed software Version: 7.5.3 Build 4057 and freeview is back. Thanks for the help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Woke up this morning and the option to watch live TV is missing from the home screen.  Usually there is a screen with menu on the left side and right has app buttons, amongst them top left is 'last live tv' or something.

The menu options only has 'My apps, App Store, Settings'.  All references to live TV are missing.

I tried to update TV channels which worked but did not fix.

Rebooted twice.

Noted that there was an update last night at around 8pm.

Sky and Now TV both working fine.

Other TV's in house recieving free TV no problem.

Any ideas?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Your new topic/post has been merged into this existing topic about the same subject, which might contain the answers you're looking for...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As if by magic!

My TV Guide, Catch Up options have disappeared from the home screen!

I have tried reset and also a factor reset but they are still not there.

There does not seem to be any support from NOW TV regarding this, is this a common fault with this service or a software and or box fault?

Please can someone assist?