cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

See instructions earlier in this thread for remote control secret options to force a software update from Version: 7.5.3 Build 4056 to Version: 7.5.3 Build 4057.

This fixed my freeview problems.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So the last 2 nights when turning on tv the box isn't showing TV guide or catch up. The only options are the apps and settings can anyone help? Options have totally disappeared. Thanks in advance
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Your new topic/post has been merged into this existing topic about the same subject, which might contain the answers you're looking for...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Running a software update seems to be fixing this for most people if you want to try that out

Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

Then click on update software and wait for this  to complete.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi There

I recently got a NOWtv Smart Box, when looking through the freeview channel listing there are channels missing.

DAVE, E4+1 would be the ones we have noticed

Just to be clear on the setup.... all i have done is move the aerial cable from the back of the TV which does have these channels to the back of the NOWTV box and done a scan.

Any advice on the issue appreciated..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/TV-Guide-Disappeared/m-p/404722#U404722

This tells you how to fix it via the secret menu, fine now!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are clearly in no rush to sort the issue, complete joke really, if it goes on any longer then they should start refunding us the difference from the standard box or give us a months free service of every package as goodwill

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User are you using an external or internal aerial? Sometimes a rescan can help, scan with other electronic equipment off to avoid interference. Also I find the weather makes a difference.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The aerial is external cables into the loft then on a booster to 6 tv outlets.
There are 4 TVs in the house which all have over 100 channels of free view content including hd channels and radio.
The tv in the bedroom which again has all the channels is where I have put the box, I simply unplugged the aerial from the tv and placed it in the nowtv box, I have tuned and retuned the nowtv box numerous times but only get 45 channels including hd and radio.
So the question is same cable to tv 100 + channels are tuned to the tv (basically all free view channels) yet same cable to nowtv box and only a fraction of the channels(45)
Possibly a defective box or the tuner in the box is no where near as good as the tuner in a tv
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How close is your WiFi router to your 'smart' box? It's signals might be swamping the 'smart' boxes tuner. Another thing to look at is the coaxial lead that's feeding your smart box. Is it double shielded?

Cheers