cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The exact same has just happened to me, been talking to live chat who said the relevant team has been notified and to wait. SO FRUSTRATING

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did they give you any idea how long its going to take?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just upgraded to the smart box and no live tv. Scans for channels and finds 171 but it has the old menu with no live tv. Spent a hour on the live chat thing got nowhere.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Must be a rogue software update.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My software version is 7.5.3 build 4086-16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its 100% a new fault and its clealy to do with a new update so factory reset won't help it one little bit. We all have to wait till they send the new update to fix it, until then our boxes are not very smart no moreSmiley Mad    To the people who don't understand the smartbox has just turned into the standard box. NO OPTION OF TV, SO ITS NOT A BLANK SCREEN AND TELLING US TO CHECK THE AERIAL HAS 0 EFFECT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
See above. Fixes the issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've just had the same problem, all terrestrial TV functions have disappeared
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly

Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

Choose Update software and allow it to run

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly

Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

Choose Update software and allow it to run

Thanks, this worked for me.Smiley Happy