cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: How to reset your NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the last 2 days when I've turned on my TV and Smart Box, the Freeview, TV Guide and Last Live Channel preview screen are missing.

The menu screen looks like a regular NowTV Box menu.

I've had to reboot via the menu to get the Freeview part of the menu and channels back.

Also today I've had Freeview channels freeze twice, and whilst listening to the Tune In app the audio went off, with the box becoming unreponsive all three times. I had to switch the power off at the wall to reboot.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you tried a hard reboot using the button under the box. You will need to hold it for 30 seconds. It will fully reboot the device. You will need to re add your internet details and Now sign in details. It should hopefully load the latest software for you too.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. The problem seems to have gone away after the third day.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am also seeing the above problem. I have done a factory reset via the menu. Have updated the system firmware (7.5.3 build: 4086) but the entire live tv section is missing. I have 176 channels tunned.
It happened after I acceidentally turned the power off.
Please advise.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User 🙂

Have you tried 4268's advice just above? 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having this issue but it happened after I updated my Smart Box.

Live TV has disappeared.

Have hard reset and reset through the Menu. 

Had a chat with the support who were... unhelpful.

Any fix would be appreciated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this has jist happened to me too

i've reset with the button on the bottom and through the menu

its displaying exactly as though it was a standard now tv box .identical menu's with no live tv,channel lists etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I am experiencing the same problem with the missing TV Guide... My internet connection is absolutely fine so can only assume its a problem with the NowTV Box. Ive done the factory reset, but still no luck. Can you help me please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, tv guide is missing from the menu! How can I fix this? I've tried the factory reset already.