cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello We had an OLD white box and today we bought the new "smart box" as it says "WATCH UP TO 60 Channels. when we set it all up and put in the TV arial like it said to and tunned it in we only got about 10-16 channels and the rest radio stations I have lost or should I say cannot see my other freeview channels that I had before. What am I doing wrong please

@Anonymous User

Hi

Is your other tvs with freeview channels picking up all the freeview channels

Could you also try another aerial and scan again

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Aaron 

Thank you for getting back to me: I ran it again and it picked up a few more channels but no HD channels. On the TV it is working fine. I put the Aerial back into the TV searched channels and there they all where even HD, So I started all overt again with the smart box not as many channels and no HD channels. I have a Draytek 2850N and my wirless signal is excelent. I have read the forum and trouble shoot and did all the steps reccomended but still to no joy.  

Many Thanks

Davide

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello Aaron 

Thank you for getting back to me: I ran it again and it picked up a few more channels but no HD channels. On the TV it is working fine. I put the Aerial back into the TV searched channels and there they all where even HD, So I started all overt again with the smart box not as many channels and no HD channels. I have a Draytek 2850N and my wirless signal is excelent. I have read the forum and trouble shoot and did all the steps reccomended but still to no joy.  

Many Thanks

Davide

@Anonymous User

Hi

Could you give us a list of some of the channels your tv is picking up that the smartbox is not?

Also is there anything that could be affecting the aerial such as bad weather?

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seem to have lost all HD channels which I had previously,  any ideas why?

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I suspect it is the weather. Though it might be down to your local transmitter. I find mine is effected by apparent usage of electrical devices in neighbours' homes and proximity of my own mobile devices.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a smart box, using internal amplified aeriel, scanned for channels none found. Done this a number of times now, moved the aeriel, factory reset the box and still nothing found. Any advice would be grateful. Heard that there's an issue with the box, considering taking it back and getting a full refund. Tried speaking to employees over live chat but to be honest they are very unhelpful and the complaint process is farcical.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. If no channels are being found then either you cannot get freeview channels where you live or the aerial you have is not Compatible and you may need an outdoor aerial or a stonger indoor aerial. Information on the free to air channels available to you can be found here digital.co.uk/ Now TV do not own or maintain the free to air channels therefore if they're not available this may be to reasons out of our control.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If that's the case, please tell me how I have received the channels previously, by can't now.

The smart box froze whilst watching a programme and the only way I could return to normal was powering the box on and off.

This resulted in me losing the channels and another scan having to be done. Without moving the aeriel initially( baring in mind I had 34 channels previously) I did a hard reset and received no channels. No matter where I positioned the aeriel thereafter I still get no channnels.

The problem is with the box tuning, not the aeriel.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After performing a channel scan on my NowTV box there seem to be several channels missing. First of all, there are no BBC channels whatsoever. I used to have this problem with the standard aerial but solved it by performing a "first time install" scan, however the box doesn't have that option. Secondly there are no HD channels that I can see, such as BBC, ITV, Channel 4 HD etc and additional channels that can only be picked up with an HD reciever such as Vintage TV.

I'm using an indoor aerial so would that effect things? Can it be fixed? If not I'll probably be returning the box.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User Have you just done the one scan or have you scanned checked channels, if not many adjusted aerial and rescanned? I had to do several scans with mine, bit of trial and error with position of aerial. Don't assume facing window is correct it might not be the correct direction.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.