cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... Is you 'smart' box connected to the internet via WiFi (wireless) or is it 'hard-wired'?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes its wifi and i cant really use the wired set up as too far away.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User your Tv may boost the signal. You could try a signal booster.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User you don't need the box hooked up to internet either via WiFi or hard wired for the Freeview to work. It may be worth trying it without it whilst you are watching a program on Freeview.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silly question,how do i do that ?

Legend 5
Legend 5
If you can do without it for 30 mins switch off your router. Just to experiment.
Geluk
Expert 2

You may have to add something like this to your coax cable so signal gets boosted where it enters NOWTV box.

Signal booster

Or "borrow" one from Argos, and return if it doesn't do the biz 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It could just as easily be an issue the box has with staying locked onto the transmitter it was originally tuned to when there are several transmitters in your area, in which case a booster may actually make the issue worse - you'd probably need a splitter or something similar to try and weaken the signal slightly in the hope of filtering out other transmitters (or keep manually rescanning). Have a read of the following thread to see if it sounds like your issue, and see what other people have done to cope

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Weak-Freeview-Channels/m-p/390232#U390232

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you,when i first set up the channels i had as little as 0 then as many after a good few scans over 50 so will read all that info,thank you so very much for taking the time to help me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello We had an OLD white box and today we bought the new "smart box" as it says "WATCH UP TO 60 Channels. when we set it all up and put in the TV arial like it said to and tunned it in we only got about 10-16 channels and the rest radio stations I have lost or should I say cannot see my other freeview channels that I had before. What am I doing wrong please