cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed it's strange , that did the trick though

Thanks for taking the time

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have lost my free view channels on my smart box, having read your forum I completed 2 factory resets and searched for channels but still no luck. Any other ideas?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The above poster couldn't get to the Freeview channels as the menu sections on the homescreen had disappeared. Is this the issue you are having, or is it that you can see the Freeview channels listed but none of them are working (all blank picture)? If it's the latter, then it sounds obvious but can you check the aerial connection to the back of the box and make sure it is secure, and if possible check the aerial connection direct into a TV to see if it can pick up the Freeview channels from the aerial correctly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your help Andy, I can go to home and channels but all bbc live channels have gone, all HD and radio stations except 2 have disappeared I have itv and 10 others left that's it. Now TVs channels all seem fine,
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hmm, sounds like the smart box has lost the BBC multiplexes but I'm not sure why that is. There is an issue with the box sometimes straying from one transmitter to another, causing you to lose channels, but as all transmitters carry the BBC multiplexes you should still get those channels. Are you using an indoor or rooftop aerial? If it's rooftop does your aerial point in the same direction as most of your neighbours?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy we use a rooftop Ariel and it does point the same way.. I have checked out the Ariel and it works fine in the TV, still a bit perplexed
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User In that case it's not going to be the issue others have identified, as you would still be able to receive BBC channels (but lose some of the more obscure channels, inc. Dave) , so I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss. You could try a factory reset again if you can put up with entering all the details again, but beyond that I can't think of a reason why you'd lose BBC but still get ITV. If you are on friendly terms with any of your neighbours (whose aerial points the same way) you could also try connecting the box to their TV and aerial, doing a new scan for channels and seeing if you get all channels back (if by some miracle you do, just disconnect the box and connect it back up to your TV, don't do another scan but see if you can watch).

It could be the box is faulty but one of the NOW TV Team or another forum member might have further suggestions for you in due course.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again for your help, I've already been through now TV and they can't help either, they have told me they have passed it to their tech team and that they would be in touch. That was 6 weeks ago and I've heard nothing 😩. Emailed every other day since then but no one has replied, pretty bad service. They haven't even offered to replace the box!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried a force software update to your NOW TV Smart Box ?

You can find the steps for that here.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

but when the same aerial was plugged in to the tv for freeview it never lost signal, i have tried moving it etc but makes no differance,any ideas to help please?