cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box - Freeview channels missing

I set up my box today and noticed in the Freeview section that BBC 1 and 2 are missing - the channels start with ITV. Scrolling through, I found BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD located after the Horror channel. 

Ideally I'd like to have BBC 1 and 2 at the top of the EPG. Better still I'd like my regional BBC 1 and BBC 2 HD at the top of the EPG. 

I can't see my local station or the non-HD versions listed anywhere in the channels found.

This box is replacing a BT YouView box which picked up the above missing channels.

Any ideas please?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes - It's going back.

It's a pity because it works well when it works
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User
Thanks for your reply.
When I turned the NowTV box on, from sleep mode, this morning, the channels were breaking up.
I knew from my experience with the box that during the night the box had 'drifted' onto the weaker transmitter in my area, Bilsdale.

The box should be tuned to Pontop Pike transmitter. Either when my box updates an app or maybe looks for an update or the box just loses its memory???
Do the Freeview channels get retuned when this happens?

This problem was daily before I added a splitter to try and reduce the weaker signal. But I've had to retune a couple of times in the last week.

I go into the tuner menu and can see the signal level is mostly at 19% and showing the weaker Bilsdale transmitter frequencies.
On Pontop Pike I get 100% on most channels.

I've had an engineer check my airel, all is fine.
There is no option for manual tune or to choose a transmitter when tuning in the freeview channels.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Really sorry to hear about the troubles that you have had.

Let me speak to our tech teams regarding this as it shouldn't be happening like you and others have explained on this thread.

Once I get an answer I will come back to this post.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you @Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for letting us know @Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an issue whereby the Freeview HD channels keep breaking up when connecting my NOW TV Smart Box to my cloest transmitter (Wenvoe).  When retuning the channels it gives me the region option at the end whether to select Wales or England - click on Wales and the channels break up, however click on England and they're spot on (another thing I've noticed from selecting the Wales option is that some logos of channels in the TV guide don't appear, whereas with the England option all of them are there).

Is there anyway of manually selecting another tuner as I'm keen on having the Wales regional channels?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. No, it's not possible at the moment, the problem of the NOW TV Smart Box wandering to different transmitters and the problem this causes has been mentioned quite a few times on the forum though so hopefully this is something NOW TV will look to implement in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
using the Now TV box with an indoor aeriel. Up until yesterday had about 34 channels and still no BBC channels. Come on Sky this needs to be sorted, ally of unhappy customers....... any solutions would be most grateful.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi , strange thing happened , freeview channel have disappeared from my smart box , I can't even see the option to watch freeview , completely gone , menu and all , will let me scan for channels and finds channels but then no where to watch them , any help

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's a strange one. If you haven't already I'd suggest doing a factory reset of the box, this will also force the software to be downloaded again. You'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm). You'll need to set up the wifi/Ethernet, enter your NOW TV details and do a scan again as part of the process.