cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not so Smart Box!

why oh why can't this so called smart box remember the user id and password that was entered on the start up on the box and why does it then continously reject a valid user id and password within the Now TV app.

This means my now tv passes are useless as i cannot access them so i have cancelled them all again and switched to an amazon fire tv box which is far more reliable.

I raised this issue last year but nothing seems to have moved on from there.

A very disappointing and unreliable not so smart tv box sky - you need to get your house in order before you lose more customers!!!

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi NB

Can I ask you, are there any electrical devices/equipment, other than your TV, near your smart box?

I have asked this question because it is known that strong electrical equipment have adverse affects on the smart box, e.g. lose of certain memory functions.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi bob

It sits next to my router but it has done for the last 6 months with no problems.

I had this same issue about a year ago but it got escalated to the developers and they obviously did something their end to fix it but now its back again?

Regards

Neil
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It sits next to my router but it has done for the last 6 months with no problems.

This being the case, is you 'smart' box connected to the internet using a wireless (WiFi) or wired ethernet connection?

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

why oh why can't this so called smart box remember the user id and password that was entered on the start up on the box and why does it then continously reject a valid user id and password within the Now TV app.

That's most certainly not normal behaviour @Anonymous User.

I've had no such issues with my 'smart' box, which has been sitting under my TV since mid November 2016.

Cheers