cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No tv won't load on smart box

When ever I try to go on now tv on my smart box it won't load just has a loading screen of updated the box and tried turning off for 30 mins and still doesn't work. I did a factory reset and it worked for 5 mins then the same thing happened. All the other apps work fine and so does the freeview. It's getting a joke now after the skipping problem which is now fixed we can't even watch it
5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curisoity who is your ISP ?

Is it Virgin Media by any chance, if so a couple of Virgin Media broadband customers have been experiencing issues mainly connecting or random/ frequent internet drop outs effecting the nowtv smart box using the nowtv app since the latest firmware update.

Some customers have had success setting up a guest network on their Virgin Routers, where others haven't had any luck.

Obviously ignore this post if you are with a different ISP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No we are with talk talk. It was working fine then just stoped and won't load. Last few month nothing but trouble thinking of going else wear as it getting a joke
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on talk talk and that just happened to me . I disconnected my router from the power for 30 seconds or so ,it is now working. I do find the talk talk routers do this, it has done it before with my phone.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello again I am still having problems with the router so I have tried a wired connection ( with an Ethernet cable) it's working at the moment if things change I report again
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is working fine on the Ethernet cable. But I didn't give up on the WiFi, I have changed the settings in my talk talk router to give a 50% power output on the 2.4 M band this seems to have fixed the problem ,keep you updated.