cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No tv menu

Hi can anyone help I have talked to loads of people from now but not helped at all. My tv menu guide has gone I can no longer view regular tv apart from catch up as unable to view , now ok and catch up but no normal channels can I view have tried about everything
11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried pressing the reset button underneath the smart box ?

If that doesn't work try going into the box menu settings and try a software update, if that fails then again go into the box menu settings and undertake a full factory reset.

Should you carry out a factory reset, then you will need to re enter all your details again on the box, together with a re scan of your TV channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi yes have done the reset button that didn't work
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will try factory reset and let u know how it goes , has anyone else had the same problem?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A few smart box owners have encountered this (see link thread below for further information).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/TV-Guide-Disappeared/td-p/404722

A full factory reset should hopefully rectify it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried factory reset but doesn't work😩Have tried speaking online to now who said the would get technical support to contact me but have heard nothing. Still having to turn now off to watch normal tv
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Normally the factory reset does the trick Smiley Sad

Have you tried the forced software update by going into the secret menu on the box by pressing the Home button 5 times immediately then pressing the FF >> 3 times followed by pressing the RW<< 2 times on the Remote controller ?

Don't know what else to suggest, maybe check the aerial is still connected tightly into the back of the smart box, but that shouldn't have any impact on the missing EPG TV Guide on your homepage UI screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes tried that before factory reset. I know it's so frustrating, I think maybe it's a fault in the box it did it once s few weeks ago then came back , but not this time . Think I need box replacing. It having no luck with anyone from now answering me on this
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah with any piece of electronic equipment there is always a small chance that it can develop a fault or the software can become corrupted, where even a factory reset can not fix it.

Where did you purchase the smart box from and more importantly is it still within the warranty period ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well it's fixed itself after all the hours of resetting switching off on u name it, this morning turned tv on and menu is back😄👍 fingers crossed it stays