cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles on smart box

Used to be able to put subtitles on programmes (where available) however recently any time i select subtitles and then English in the menu they never appear, this is on every show i try to watch, the subtitles work on my iPhone app so I know they should be there, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a forced software update on the box by pressing the Home button 5 times, quickly followed by pressing the FF button 3 times, quickly followed by pressing the RW button 2 times to bring up the hidden secret menu on screen ?

Update the software even if you are on the same version number.

If that doesn't work maybe try a full factory reset on the box, where you will find the factory reset option in the box menu settings.

Out of curiosity are you using the NowTV Freeview smart box or the newer 4K smart box.

I tested the subtitles out last night on my 4K smart box, will have to dig out my Freeview smart box to see if the subtitles menu appears on that box when i press the pause button on NowTV supported subtitles.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps well after just giving up I just decided to watch a show, 3 minutes into it the subtitles just appeared!! However the wee line isn't underneath the subtitles symbol as before but they are coming up just takes a few mins,would say like magic but it's clear it was thanks to you! Thank you again. 🙂 

RoyB
Legend

Now there’s a trip down memory lane.

22 rungs up the ladder, and still waiting for the first problem I posted about to be fixed  Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.