cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No signal on all free to view channels

All entertainment channels are working, but no freeview channels. 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using a NowTV Freeview box like shown in the picture below.

If so, i would double check that the TV aerial hasn't come loose on the rear of the box, then go into the box settings and try a fresh TV scan of the Freeview channels.

Also have you got any other Freeview or Youview devices in your setup ?

If so double check them to see if they have also lost the TV signal via your TV aerial.

Should the TV channel rescan on your nowtv box makes no difference, then sometimes a full factory reset can fix it (not guaranteed mind).

To factory reset the box go into the nowtv box settings under Advanced System Settings where there is a factory reset option.

Please note a factory reset means setting up the box again from scratch.

now_tv_smart_box_with_remote.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, have tried all of the above several times but has made no difference. 😣
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the TV aerial work when you plug it directly into the TV aerial socket on your television when watching Freeview from your inbuilt television Freeview tuner ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps . No it doesn't.  Have also tried with an indoor aerial but still no joy.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if there is any maintenance work being carried out under your region which might be the reason for the loss of TV signal from the links below 

https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/planned-engineering-works .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/ 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps , have checked those and there doesn't seem to be any issues in this area!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have run out of ideas to be honest, perhaps other helpful forum members can offer you further assistance.

I doubt live chat would be any help, where if you are getting no TV signal from both your main aerial or portable aerial on either your NowTV box or inbuilt TV Freeview tuner after a full rescan of the channels then it points to me an issue somewhere with the TV signal reception coverage at your home rather than your hardware.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps . Thanks very much for all your efforts 🙂

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you have a chat with a near neighbour to see if they have issues also?

It could be the transmitter - YouView users are getting all sorts of issues with retunes at the moment.

TVs will try to follow channel and mux changes, but sometimes get in a mess if they can’t. A trick we use is to pull the aerial out and do a retune, so the TV or device gets a clean empty list, and then retune again. This stops the TV trying to optimise the retune, and getting in a mess because of it.

There’s only a very small chance this would help,you, but it wouldn’t hurt to try it.

Failing that, what transmitter are you on? To find this out, go to https://www.freeview.co.uk, scroll down to Check Freeview at my home, enter your details and see which transmitter(s) it lists.

Elmley Moor is our main culprit at the moment....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.