cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No freeview channels on latest smart box

I have just purchased the latest pink coloured smart box from the official site for £50 but when I've received it it does not have an aerial port and there are only a handful of freeview channels available to watch live on the TV guide, such as sky one. Has the latest box lost freeview functionality? If so what is the benefit of paying more for it when you can just get the stick!? 

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep no over the air Freeview channels with the Nowtv smart 4K box Smiley Sad

The only device in the Nowtv product range that has the inbuilt Freeview tuner to connect to a TV aerial is the smart box generation 1 with the blue Nowtv logo on the top casing of the box.

I have both smart boxes and there are advantages and disadvantages on using both.

The smart box 4K doesn't have an inbuilt fan and runs super quiet and is much cooler when touching the box casing, the processor seems faster to me navigating around the Apps & UI, Auto Refresh Frame Rate is a good feature to have if you are septable to motion judder, voice command remote with TV volume control and switching your television on & off in standby.

Plus 4K HDR on Netflix, YouTube and the BBC iPlayer had the World Cup in 4K which worked on the New Smart 4K box.

If you don't need the 4K stuff above and are not intending to hard wire the box over Ethernet then yeah the nowtv stick might have been a better and cheaper choice in your case.