cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Signal HDMI

I've just connected this box to the Bedroom TV , in order to replace the small black box that was being used.

However, each time I select the HDMI source (only one HDMI socket on TV), I receive a No Signal message.

Powering TV/BOX off/on doesn;t rectify this, but if I remove the HDMI cable from the TV, and reconnect, I then receive the signal from the Now TV Box.

Signal is 'lost' when I change source, or power of the TV !

The small black box works fine with this TV. (The Smart Box works fine on the living room TV)

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Is this a new smart box or a used smart box which was connected on a previous television in your house ?

If it's an existing box, could it be that the TV it was hooked up too was a 1080p TV and the TV in the Bedroom is a 720p TV where you need to change the display settings in the box by either factory re setting the box or re connect it temporary back onto the previous TV and change the setting to 720p before using in the Bedroom.

If it's a new smart box does it connect fine to another TV in the house and maybe try setting it up and downloading the up to date software on the box before swapping back to the Bedroom TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMi was set to Auto, and changed to suit the TV in bedroom and has the latest software.

Tried both 720p and 1080p settings and HDMI source is only detected if I remove the cable from TV and reconnect.

Reverted back to having the small box connected, as removing the cable each time is not ideal.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried a different high speed HDMI cable on the smart box on the Bedroom TV even though the same HDMI cable works on the std black nowtv box ?

I find HDMI cables can be fussy and temperamental between different external devices and TV's.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried a different high speed HDMI cable on the smart box on the Bedroom TV even though the same HDMI cable works on the std black nowtv box ?

I find HDMI cables can be fussy and temperamental between different external devices and TV's.

Tried the HDIMI cable that came with the Smartbox, the HDMI cable that came with the old NOW TV Box, and a couple of others.