cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Impressed!

So you have 100% you have contributed to the growing e-waste in the country!

So yes I know the original White Now tv box is no longer supported on the now tv network and it is an old box, but that didn't mean you shouldn't be able to  use at all!

In my spare room I have an old crt screen with a megadrive and PS2 and used to use the white nowtv box because it supported a Scart connection, I have just tested the box and can (could) stream Youtube perfectly fine and cast plex videos.  I then made the stupid mistake of rebooting the device...

At that point it downloaded an update and bricked the device (a splash screen saying it is no longer supported).  Fair enough it maybe no longer work with the Now TV service but to brick a device forcing it to enter a land fill is not acceptable!

p.s don't come out with the rubbish that its old or no longer supported, no longer supported doesn't mean it must be thrown in the bin!

I look forward to your prompt reply where you provide details of how to exchange the device and/or unlock it at your expense.

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your rant is misplaced, as this is a forum used primarily by other customers. Staff will seldom post on it. 

It is down to NOW itself of how it manages the device, for whatever reason they stopped all support to it. 

Best to send an email to support, although you most likely wont get the answer your looking for. 

customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If it makes you feel any better, a White Now box that has not been updated into Bricked Mode will notice this sooner rather than later, and brick itself anyway.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.