cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No HD channels

Hi switched on my box today and the BBC 1-2, ITV, Ch 4 and 5 HD channels are not on the TV guide anymore? Is there a reason for this? Thank you
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you get Film 4 +1?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

On the Freeview platform you only get Film 4 & Film 4 + 1 in SD Smiley Sad

Film 4 HD would be a welcome addition IMO should it ever come to the Freeview service Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, but Film 4 +1 is on the same MUX as the main HD channels so it would help indicate if it was a tuning issue or decoding issue.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

My bad, i totally misunderstood your post Smiley Embarassed

I understand your post now directed at @Anonymous User and can see where you are coming from (good thinking about mentioning Film 4 +1) Smiley Happy

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

What I have found is that the HD Channels are hiddent about 6 menu pages down on the menu (using fast forward to jump a page at a time as suggested here).  The Icons have a little HD, symbols but bit concerned the signal is not right.  As some time when looking at the

channel information (pressing OK I think) I get 2 little square with a white HD or S on a greay background.  Othertimes just get the white S bos and no HD one.  Might play about with the aerial to see if I can improve things.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure what the two little squares with a white HD symbol is (never seen this before, maybe upload a photo on here) ?

Where the S symbol on the channel info grey background when pressing the OK button on the remote controller means that subtitles are available for the programme being broadcasted on that channel shown on your TV screen. 

The way i tend to navigate around the Freeview channels, is open a channel then press the left directional arrow button on the remote which will open the channels list on the left hand side of the screen.

Then use the FF or RW buttons to jump up and down the channels list on screen then once you have reached the channel you want to watch which would be highlighted on the channels list, then just press the OK button on the remote controller.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

OK, i think i understand what you are now saying with regards to the HD symbol and S symbol (subtitles) on the TV Guide Now & Next Freeview EPG (towards the upper right hand side of the screen).

The S symbol denotes that subtitles are available for the show being broadcasted, where the HD denotes High Def TV channel.

Most of the HD channels show the HD symbol on screen on my smart box apart from BBC Four (which i am guessing is not broadcasting until after 7pm hence no HD symbol, where 5HD and QVC HD is not showing the HD symbol for some unknown reason.

Personally i would just ignore the HD symbol in the little box on the EPG screen and once you have reached BBC one HD on the channels list just read the Channel name or logo which says HD on the left hand side of the EPG (where all the HD channels should be bunched together in the same area). 

Sounds to me your smart box is working similar to mine and there is nothing to be concerned about unless your HD picture is pixilated or the signal is being lost whilst watching the HD channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

I think you are right that the box is now working correctly. 

Thak you for your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If resetting and channel-rescanning the TV and NOW TV BOX doesn't work, try moving your NOW TV box, perhaps only a few inches, to more receptive position. This worked for me. In a more receptive position, my NOW TV box channel search went from finding 114 channels (none of which were HD) to 143 (inc. all HD channels). Hope this helps 😉

Second thoughts … try this method first!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If resetting and channel-rescanning the TV and the NOW TV box doesn't work. Try moving your NOW TV box, perhaps only a few inches, to more receptive position. This worked for me. In a more receptive position, my NOW TV box channel search went from finding 114 channels (none of which were HD) to 143 (inc. all HD channels). Hope this helps 😉

Second thoughts … try this method first!