cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No HD channels

Hi switched on my box today and the BBC 1-2, ITV, Ch 4 and 5 HD channels are not on the TV guide anymore? Is there a reason for this? Thank you
19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are those HD channels also now missing from the smart box TV tuner or is it only the TV EPG that is effected ?

A couple of members have reported losing the complete EPG from the box and pressing the reset button underneath the box usually fixes it.

If you have lost the HD channels from the box TV tuner, maybe there is local schedule maintenance work being carried out on your local Transmitter / Relay and the smart box is picking up a weaker relay.

This useful website link, will give you an indication if there is any TV Transmitter maintenance or issues in your area.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

If there is no TV Transmitter issues currently in your area, maybe try a TV channel rescan on your box, if that fails perhaps factory reset the box.

Also, assuming you have a TV with an inbuilt HD Freeview tuner, what happens if you connect your TV aerial directly into your TV tuner do you receive the missing HD channels ?

Out of curiosity are you using an external TV aerial or an indoor portable type TV aerial ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I get the same problem.  I have see all the Standard resolution channels but no HD ones on Freeview.  There is nothing wrong with aerial etc as my TV happily receives the HD Channels and its fed from the same aerial. 

I am lothed to do a hard reset as then I guess I will have to setup everything again (WiFi, Now tv account etc).  Especially as it's not clear this will fix the problem.

Any ideas what to do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One other question is there any way to display the Freeview Channel Numbers.  For example 1 BBC1, and 101 for BBC1 HD.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

One other question is there any way to display the Freeview Channel Numbers.  For example 1 BBC1, and 101 for BBC1 HD.

@Anonymous User

Nope Smiley Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I get the same problem.  I have see all the Standard resolution channels but no HD ones on Freeview.  There is nothing wrong with aerial etc as my TV happily receives the HD Channels and its fed from the same aerial. 

I am lothed to do a hard reset as then I guess I will have to setup everything again (WiFi, Now tv account etc).  Especially as it's not clear this will fix the problem.

Any ideas what to do?

@Anonymous User

Quick question is your smart box plugged directly into your main TV aerial or are you using a Y splitter between both the box and your TV inbuilt tuner ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an amplified spliter. 

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-27820HSG-Output-Distribution-Amplifier/dp/B00DCVX2I6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

The Sony TV works fine with a signal from the same spliter as give both HD and non-HD channels

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried temporary re scanning the TV channels on the smart box plugged into the incoming main aerial (ie bypassing your distribution amplifier) to see if you can pick up the HD channels ?

Then reconnect the smart box again into your distributor TV aerial amplifier.

If that doesn't work, i know this might not make any sense, but have you got a Y splitter available and link both the smart box and TV on the same coaxial signal feed where sometimes if you have multiple transmitters in your post code area the smart box may pick up either the main transmitter or secondary TV transmitter relay. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have tried connecting the NowTV Smart Box direct to the aerial.  Plus seperately via a 3db Splitter.  In both cases it makes no difference.  When I re-scan I get 171 channels found but none are HD. 

I have also tried pressing the hard reset button under the unit and then re-scanning.  Again make no difference.

So I am at a loss what to do.  Any ideas?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would have thought with your smart box picking up 171 number TV & Radio channels which is quite a lot, where some of them would have been HD which are normally located further down the EPG list (use the FF & RW buttons on the remote controller to scroll down the channels list more quickly).

To be honest i have run out of ideas, perhaps somebody else on the forums can come to your rescue.

Sorry i couldn't help any further.

Edit- The reset switch underneath the smart box is only a soft reboot, where a hard factory reset is done in the box menu settings (where unfortunately you will have to re enter all your account and network settings again from scratch on the box).