cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New user - TV????

I've just signed up to NowTV broadband and phone, but I'm completely confused about how to get the tv package.  All I want are freeview channels with pause and catch up and, importantly, recording.  I'm not interested in the bells and whistles of other channels.

What box/stick or other gizmo(s) do I have to get?

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are not interested in any of the optional nowtv passes, then if you are looking for Freeview with a recording feature, which has the main catchup Apps such has BBC iPlayer etc, then maybe look at something like a BT Youview Box which you can pick up from places like Ebay or Gumtree etc.

The only nowtv box that offers Freeview TV is the discontinued generation 1 smart box, but this doesn't have a hard drive for recording Freeview (only offers up to 30 minutes of pause live TV).

With both a Youview box or the older nowtv Freeview smart box you will obviously need a TV aerial connected to the box to watch the Freeview channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info schnapps -  really appreciate it.

Barry

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This is a picture of the older discontinued nowtv smart Freeview box, which only has one inbuilt TV tuner and you can only pause live TV up to 30 minutes (no record function).

If you are looking at a BT Youview box, then make sure it has something like a 500GB inbuilt hard drive (Curry's & Argos sell Youview Boxes, but they are quite pricy and you will be better off looking on Ebay or Gumtree).

Smart_Box_main.png