Not applicable

New software update

I've just had a new software to 8.0.3.4218
Anyone know what this has done??
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thankfully though the YouTube App still works on the black box, unlike the Smart Box which still isnt fixed!

This YouTube problem on the Smart Box only seems to affect people who are 'blessed' with a high speed broadband connection.

I am using a Smart Box, and it works perfectly on YouTube ... and always has done.  I watched a variety of YouTube videos for a couple of hours last night, and also for a while this morning, and it has worked flawlessly.

I think the significant factor is that my broadband speed is a mere 11 Mbps ADSL2+ from PlusNet.  There is *no* fibre broadband available in my area, so I couldn't have it even if I wanted it.

Therefore I can't get 4K  (Ultra HD), but my 11 Meg is perfectly OK for HD videos.

My Smart Box is a fairly old one.

Model 4500SK

Serial No YX009S459935

Software Ver. 8.0.3.build 4181-16

Last checked May 11 2018

Last updated Mar 27 2018

Connected to my router by ethernet cable.

Furthermore, I have *never* had any trouble with the live stream of the GOLD channel.  It has always worked perfectly!

So perhaps high-speed broadband is not all it's cracked up to be, and maybe I'm lucky to be stuck in the dark ages with 11 Mbps.

🙂

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

there's a new software update 8.0.3 beta 8227 on now tv smart boxes.

ken242
Expert

My Now TV stick now updating as normal
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i know recently i got a software update. and the chanells presentation changed updated the name of sky living to sky witness. overal presentation is nice. shame about the picture. my 4k tv is setup to the technicians standard for my make and model of tv. pristine qualitty on youview box provided by plusnet. where i watch HD Channels and BT Sport. ethernet connection fibre-optic broad band so nowtv people need to up the bitrate. some say nowtv is cheap true but its still money down the drain if the picture is such bad quality on a 46inch smart tv.that you dont want to watch it  because the picture is blurry  and dark.....

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

i know recently i got a software update. and the chanells presentation changed updated the name of sky living to sky witness. overal presentation is nice. shame about the picture. my 4k tv is setup to the technicians standard for my make and model of tv. pristine qualitty on youview box provided by plusnet. where i watch HD Channels and BT Sport. ethernet connection fibre-optic broad band so nowtv people need to up the bitrate. some say nowtv is cheap true but its still money down the drain if the picture is such bad quality on a 46inch smart tv.that you dont want to watch it  because the picture is blurry  and dark.....

@Anonymous User We have been working towards providing content at a higher bitrate and hope to have this implementation fully realized by the end of the year. We know that 720p just doesn't cut it anymore when compared to other services and that's why we are tackling this issue head on. 720P might have been fine a few years ago but as we adapt to watching in a higher definition, our own standards increase. Time to move on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi just bought the brand new 4k nowtv smart box. Will let the nowtv community know how I get on with it. On 2nd October I had so much trouble I thought I coud watch live tv on the nowtv app on my tv. Now its used up all my devices so will miss live football Saturday. Not good at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought it too hopefully will work good 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the "New 4K smart box"all of the Now TV content is still 720p and Stereo only. The only thing 4K is the Netflix (Which a lot of TVs have as standard) with "7.1/5.1 passthrough"

This is a pointless hardware release. It adds nothing to the user experience and actually takes the Freeview player away!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, i now have the new 4k smart nowtv box up and running properly. when i first installed it the picture was better than the old smart box, but still had the same trait as the old smart nowtv box. dark pictue lowbitrate. left now tv was watching something on sky box. anyways thought i might have another go with working on picture on the new nowtv box, just turned on the box and when it came on no more pictue problem picture is now ok. so very happy to have a nice picture on it now. it will  be good when i get a day sports pass. comcast now own nowtv and sky tv so a new company expect they made sure customers get a decent picture. comcast is an american company. so i do now recommend the new 4k smart tv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just updated my Now TV Smart Box software to 8.1.3 beta 4170. I think fixes some bugs on the previous version 8.1.3 beta 4149.