cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New smart box not working on one tv

Hi there, strange problem, just bought the new now tv smart box.  Tried to set it up on a 42 inch lcd tv in the bedroom - no display or sound.   Tried different hdmi  ports, different cables etc, nothing.   Power light on so not a power issue.  Tried on a different tv, works fine.

My original now tv box works ok on the bedroom tv, but not the new smart box.  Anyone have any idea what might be causing it?  All other hdmi devices such as ps3, ps4 work fine.  Can't see any setting on the TV (toshiba)  that could be causing it.

Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated, don't want to  have to return the box!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SOLVED

Just solved this myself!!  Ok so connected up to a different tv, let it run its software update and the box now connects and displays no problem on the original tv.

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the exact make and model number of your 42" television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there, it is a 42xv553d, quite an old model but works fine with everything else?

Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say noy working what exactly is or isn't happning?  Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is no output to the Ev. No sound, no picture. The tv just stays as a blue screen.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sound like a HDMI issue to me where the Toshiba TV doesn't want to complete the HDMI handshake with the nowtv smart box.

HDMI can be a right pain in the backside and a nightmare for people who experience problems with it, i have had first hand experience of a few TV displays or playback devices that won't play ball over the years.

When you speak to the manufactures involved they each blame the others product for the reason why it doesn't work and its the HDMI encryption process which causes all the problems IMO.

Two things you can check or try which might or might not work (no harm in having go).

Check in your TV settings under HDMI CEC if there is an option to switch on or off (Panasonic TV it is called Veria Link, on Sony TV its called Brava Link) not sure the name on Toshiba TV's.

Also change the sequence you switch on the smart box ie try switching on the box first give it say 30 seconds then switch on the TV and vice versa.

Sorry i can't add anything further from what you have already tried and the advice already given from other forum members. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps, have switched the Regza-link (Toshibas name for it) on - no difference.

Have tried switching tv on first, then box and vice versa but still nothing.  It just sits on the HDMI1 channel with a blue screen, nothing.  going to see if the people on the live chat can offer some advice - but not sure whats happening 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SOLVED

Just solved this myself!!  Ok so connected up to a different tv, let it run its software update and the box now connects and displays no problem on the original tv.

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Phew, glad you are sorted. Smiley Happy

Could you click on the green accept answer located below your post where you identified how you resolved the problem, then this will help others who come across your thread in the future.

Thanks and enjoy your smart box.