Mentor

Re: New Smart box HDMI CEC?

the CEC update has appeared on my box version 7.5.3 build 4057-16

New option under System menu Control other devices 

shawny
Expert 2

Seems to work...

If my Samsung TV is powered off - pressing a button on the Now TV remote (when Now TV box is in standby) switches on the TV, and selects the HDMI input.

If Samsung TV is switched on - pressing a button on the Now TV remote (when Now TV box is in standby) it selects the HDMI input.

0 Thanks
MiklosD
Mentor

I received the update yesterday. With my Sony these features are working as well (turn on tv, switch source to now tv).

I hoped a bit more feature. Is there a plan to add additional support? My wish list 🙂 : go standby shortly after I turn off the tv, handle some buttons from tv remote.

0 Thanks
Starkraven
Mentor

You need to switch it on at Setting, System, Control other Devices.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@Starkraven wrote:

You need to switch it on at Setting, System, Control other Devices.

Sufficed to say, in order to obtain the new 'CEC function' your NOW TV 'smart' box will need to have received the newest software. Which is currently 7.5.3 Build: 4057-16

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Highlighted
mrphil
Scholar

The HDMI CEC implementation on the Now smart box is interfering with the control of my Samsung sound bar which is connected through ARC - the option on the smart box is UNTICKED but the TV still detects the smartbox as a CEC compatible device. When the smart box is connected to the TV, even if a different HDMI input is selected the sound bar either won't turn on, or the volume cannot be controlled.

Please implement a proper option to disable this feature. 

0 Thanks