cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Smart box HDMI CEC?

Hi

Can anyone who has this new box tell me if it supports HDMI CEC so that if the TV is currently on another HDMI input when you interact with the Now remote it will switch over the input to Now TV? Also if it is able to power on the tv when pressed please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @schnapps

The team have got back to me 🙂

So this is currently not enabled on any of our NOW TV Boxes however it will be coming in the future across all of our NOW TV Boxes

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

the CEC update has appeared on my box version 7.5.3 build 4057-16

New option under System menu Control other devices 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to work...

If my Samsung TV is powered off - pressing a button on the Now TV remote (when Now TV box is in standby) switches on the TV, and selects the HDMI input.

If Samsung TV is switched on - pressing a button on the Now TV remote (when Now TV box is in standby) it selects the HDMI input.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received the update yesterday. With my Sony these features are working as well (turn on tv, switch source to now tv).

I hoped a bit more feature. Is there a plan to add additional support? My wish list 🙂 : go standby shortly after I turn off the tv, handle some buttons from tv remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You need to switch it on at Setting, System, Control other Devices.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

You need to switch it on at Setting, System, Control other Devices.

Sufficed to say, in order to obtain the new 'CEC function' your NOW TV 'smart' box will need to have received the newest software. Which is currently 7.5.3 Build: 4057-16

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The HDMI CEC implementation on the Now smart box is interfering with the control of my Samsung sound bar which is connected through ARC - the option on the smart box is UNTICKED but the TV still detects the smartbox as a CEC compatible device. When the smart box is connected to the TV, even if a different HDMI input is selected the sound bar either won't turn on, or the volume cannot be controlled.

Please implement a proper option to disable this feature.