cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Smart box HDMI CEC?

Hi

Can anyone who has this new box tell me if it supports HDMI CEC so that if the TV is currently on another HDMI input when you interact with the Now remote it will switch over the input to Now TV? Also if it is able to power on the tv when pressed please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @schnapps

The team have got back to me 🙂

So this is currently not enabled on any of our NOW TV Boxes however it will be coming in the future across all of our NOW TV Boxes

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

On my Panasonic TV with the Veria Link (HDMI CEC) function setup, there is no interaction with the new NowTV smart box.

Don't know if any other users have had any success ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's a shame if so as I too have a Panasonic TV with Viera link. Thanks for the quick reply. Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just for clarification am i right in saying that the new NowTV smart box is not HDMI CEC certified or compatible with any TV manufacturer ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My honest answer @schnapps is that I don't know.

But let me find out for you, might take a few days though.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @schnapps

The team have got back to me 🙂

So this is currently not enabled on any of our NOW TV Boxes however it will be coming in the future across all of our NOW TV Boxes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for finding out @Anonymous User. Glad it is on it's way at some point. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problem at all @Anonymous User, it's what we do 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

That's good... As long as you can turn it off 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Is the CEC support still on the roadmap? Is there a plan when this feature will be enabled?