cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New NOW TV Smart Box - a bit too hot?

So I decided to take the plunge and treat myself to the new Now TV Smart box (couldn't find just the box so had to go with the 5 months entertainment pack. My main issue is that after say 2 hours of use, the box feels pretty warm to touch. Is this normal? I'm probably been paranoid but would appreciate some thoughts. I have switched it off to cool down now just in case 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Don't worry about it, this issue was looked into during the trial and it's perfectly safeSmiley Happy

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I decided to use some Lego that we have got hanging about to make a little stand for the NOW TV Smart Box. Just raises it up off the surface to allow airflow all around. 5 minute job, no cost!

BicBasher
Elite

@dr_necessitor wrote:

I decided to use some Lego that we have got hanging about to make a little stand for the NOW TV Smart Box. Just raises it up off the surface to allow airflow all around. 5 minute job, no cost!

@dr_necessitor I use an old Richard Pryor DVD case.  Does the trick! Smiley Very Happy
Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Don't mess around with lego bricks or old DVD cases, why not go the "Whole Hog" and invest in a laptop cooler. Smiley Happy

Saying that i would imagine the size of the fan shown in the photo below would be much noisier than the smart box inbuilt fan. Smiley Wink

Thermaltake-Massive-V20-Laptop-Cooling-Pad-large-200mm-fan-with-big-airflow-offers-high-cooling-performance.jpg

I was thinking of going water cooled actually...

watercooled.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine runs very warm on WiFi but would it run cooler over Ethernet ? 

By that I’m mean the latter will be more efficient less stress on the CUP ?