cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Mandatory Pin

Why do we all need a mandatory pin isn't the 1 level of pin where you put it on yourself enough. 

Why do I have to put a pin in to watch the live sky film channels.

I dont have children in the premises and I sure as hell am not responsible for other people's children or lack of parenting. 

It annoys me I didn't even have a pin I had to set one up because it. 

Because I can't flick through the channels and have to stop and enter pin I am less likely to watch them and more likely to get rid of the package it's an unnecessary  inconvenience 

It's also the principle of the matter fair enough being able to watch films even before watershed but even so if already able to put a pin on why do we need mandatory pin. 

Also I am not a child this feels an awful lot like being treated like a child you want to protect kids start with their parents not the childless 

I understand why it was done doesn't mean I have to agree with it and doesn't mean you are correct. Pins are only needed by parents so figure out a way to have the films on before watershed without a mandatory password change the way the pin works by all means just don't involve the rest of us because it's nothing to do with us. Only the parents need pins.

REMOVE THE MANDATORY PIN 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've introduced a mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

If you’ve got a Sky Cinema Pass, you can turn off the Parental PIN but you’ll still need to enter your PIN to watch some live Sky Cinema channels. But you won’t need to enter it for on-demand movies, or for most of our Passes.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Find it really frustrating. No need for this. As I have children older than 17!

I do use pin but for adult content only. And purchases only.

Please go back..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine's just been activated.

It's quite funny having to enter a PIN to watch ET or The Jungle Book in my flat where I have lived alone for many years.

I would suggest that they should only show 15 films after 7pm and 18 films after 9pm like terrestrial TV - as anybody who wants to watch them outside these times can stream them - but I can see that would be a problem for the Sci-Fi and Horror stream.

I suppose there is some OFCOM related legalities going on that I can't be bothered to familiarise myself with.

I just changed my PIN to 1111 so I can just press the OK button four times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've introduced a mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

If you’ve got a Sky Cinema Pass, you can turn off the Parental PIN but you’ll still need to enter your PIN to watch some live Sky Cinema channels. But you won’t need to enter it for on-demand movies, or for most of our Passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parents should police their own children!

What next, all whole internet pin locked to protect children?

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Just come across this for the first time, trying to watch curb your enthusiasm. 

Absolutely hilarious that i need to have a pin number to watch a comedy show, being 47 and

having no kids, no interest in kids and never going to have any kids. 

Who cares anyway? I watched all kinds of horror movies in my bedroom when i was 12 and

i've managed to never kill anybody yet. I was far more traumatised by the theme tune for Last of the Summer Wine. It still brings me out in cold sweats to this very day.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@noeyedeer 

Just for your info, I do not have a parental PIN set up, you don't need it for on demand or Live Sports.

This link will provide some info. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin

You’ll need a PIN to watch some live Entertainment and Sky Cinema channels...

A PIN is mandatory to watch most live Sky Cinema channels and 3 Entertainment channels (Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy and Sky Documentaries) between 5.30am and 9pm if you're watching on any of our supported devices except the white NOW TV box, EE TV, Windows 10 or previous, and 2nd & 3rd gen Apple TV. For these exceptions, a PIN will be mandatory at all times for all live Entertainment and Sky Cinema channels.

Where a PIN is mandatory, it’ll be required:

• even if you’ve turned your Parental PIN off
  • whatever the age rating of the movie or programme that’s showing
  • when you switch between channels.

...but it's optional for anything else

You can choose to set a Parental PIN to restrict shows by age rating and stop younger viewers from watching anything they shouldn't. This age restriction will apply to:

• all live channels other than the Sky Cinema and Entertainment channels where a PIN is mandatory
  • all on-demand movies and shows.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help