cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Mandatory Pin

Why do we all need a mandatory pin isn't the 1 level of pin where you put it on yourself enough. 

Why do I have to put a pin in to watch the live sky film channels.

I dont have children in the premises and I sure as hell am not responsible for other people's children or lack of parenting. 

It annoys me I didn't even have a pin I had to set one up because it. 

Because I can't flick through the channels and have to stop and enter pin I am less likely to watch them and more likely to get rid of the package it's an unnecessary  inconvenience 

It's also the principle of the matter fair enough being able to watch films even before watershed but even so if already able to put a pin on why do we need mandatory pin. 

Also I am not a child this feels an awful lot like being treated like a child you want to protect kids start with their parents not the childless 

I understand why it was done doesn't mean I have to agree with it and doesn't mean you are correct. Pins are only needed by parents so figure out a way to have the films on before watershed without a mandatory password change the way the pin works by all means just don't involve the rest of us because it's nothing to do with us. Only the parents need pins.

REMOVE THE MANDATORY PIN 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've introduced a mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

If you’ve got a Sky Cinema Pass, you can turn off the Parental PIN but you’ll still need to enter your PIN to watch some live Sky Cinema channels. But you won’t need to enter it for on-demand movies, or for most of our Passes.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree its totally rubbish and needs to get removed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree! It's annoying and frustrating. I will definitely think about cancel my Cinema Pass if they don't remove it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

100% agree with you on this! It allows you to remove the pin for on demand services but not live?! Surely if you have access to one you have access to the other, so I can stream on demand without the pin but have to put the pin in each time I switch a live channel?! Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

I will be cancelling my subscription if this is not changed soon as I like using the live channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried to get in touch to resolve the issue initially they treated me like I was an idiot and just didn't understand why they had done...

I understand just fine I just don't agree. This angered me as it was their only response literally didn't matter who I asked or how I explained it got same response which was to be treated like I am stupid and have it explained to me all over again like I am just not getting it 

Their response now is to just ignore me so I beseech anyone who agrees with me about the removal of the mandatory pin please all contact them as they cannot ignore us all

Thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Tried to get in touch to resolve the issue initially they treated me like I was an idiot and just didn't understand why they had done...

I understand just fine I just don't agree. This angered me as it was their only response literally didn't matter who I asked or how I explained it got same response which was to be treated like I am stupid and have it explained to me all over again like I am just not getting it 

Their response now is to just ignore me so I beseech anyone who agrees with me about the removal of the mandatory pin please all contact them as they cannot ignore us all

Thank you 

Wrong they can ignore you and they probably will they are only compiling with a set of rules put in place to stop kids from accessing content without there parents permission.

cheers

Matty999
Scholar

Is this a not a new ofcom regulation? Does anyone know if a pin is needed to watch a sky cinema live channel on another platform like virgin tv or skys main service?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is ofcom regulations which nowtv won't say they said they aren't allowed
to say who put it in place but looked it up and it's ofcom

I am gotten in touch with ofcom this situation isn't on I will.not be
treated as a child or made responsible for other people's children whilst
in the comfort of my own home

This is ridiculous especially when improving pin services already in place
would of been a better solution this is plain laziness on the part of ofcom
and anyone abiding by the new regulation
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
It is ofcom regulations which nowtv won't say they said they aren't allowed
to say who put it in place but looked it up and it's ofcom

I am gotten in touch with ofcom this situation isn't on I will.not be
treated as a child or made responsible for other people's children whilst
in the comfort of my own home

This is ridiculous especially when improving pin services already in place
would of been a better solution this is plain laziness on the part of ofcom
and anyone abiding by the new regulation

It is simply a one hat fits all set up it’s not like they can say customers 1,3&5 have kids but 2,4 & 6 don’t. So we can have pin activation on that side of the street but not this one. If you want to have a go at someone for this you should aim for some no face in an office in Brussels because you can bet five will get you ten that’s where it was thought up.

cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yh thanks for re-explaining it but don't have kids protect your own not my
none existent ones