cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Box With App

Hi, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I use the app/website currently on a HTC phone and a laptop. I've recently got a TV and want to be able to watch it on that.

As there's no way to cast to the TV and plugging in my laptop is more hassle than it's worth I'm thinking about getting a box.

I have 3 questions.

1. I have an entertainment pass currently. If I bought one with x number of months free on the pass can I add that to my current account?

2. My tv allows me to record freeview channels on to USB. Would I have to unplug the box to do that?

3. If I've already maxed out the number of devices registered on the app would I have to remove one of them to use the box?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

1. Yes you can just apply the code on your My Account > My Passes page and it will kick in when your current pass comes to an end.

2. If you get the NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview built in that doesn't allow you to record so you'd need to have an aerial plugged into your TV and continue to record Freeview on there. If you want to watch Freeview on your smart box as well you'd need an aerial splitter so you can connect your aerial to both. If it's the normal black NOW TV box you want to buy that just connects via HDMI to your TV and won't interfere with your recording to USB, the black NOW TV box has nothing to do with Freeview and doesn't need an aerial.

3. Yes, you can only have a max of four devices registered to your account at one time and watch on no more than 2 at a time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

1. Yes you can just apply the code on your My Account > My Passes page and it will kick in when your current pass comes to an end.

2. If you get the NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview built in that doesn't allow you to record so you'd need to have an aerial plugged into your TV and continue to record Freeview on there. If you want to watch Freeview on your smart box as well you'd need an aerial splitter so you can connect your aerial to both. If it's the normal black NOW TV box you want to buy that just connects via HDMI to your TV and won't interfere with your recording to USB, the black NOW TV box has nothing to do with Freeview and doesn't need an aerial.

3. Yes, you can only have a max of four devices registered to your account at one time and watch on no more than 2 at a time.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

wrote:
Hi, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I use the app/website currently on a HTC phone and a laptop. I've recently got a TV and want to be able to watch it on that.

As there's no way to cast to the TV and plugging in my laptop is more hassle than it's worth I'm thinking about getting a box.

I have 3 questions.

1. I have an entertainment pass currently. If I bought one with x number of months free on the pass can I add that to my current account?

2. My tv allows me to record freeview channels on to USB. Would I have to unplug the box to do that?

3. If I've already maxed out the number of devices registered on the app would I have to remove one of them to use the box?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

1. Yes no problem using your existing passes, when you setup the new box use your existing nowtv account details.

2. You won't be able to plug the nowtv box to your TV usb for recordings or power for the box which comes with it's own power adaptor plug.

3. Yes you would have to remove one of your existing devices if you are up to maximum of 4 no devices permitted on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you both for your input 😊