cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New 4k 'smart boxes'

It's unlcear if the new 4k smart boxes keep the tv tuner - Although I assume they dont.

Are there any plans to release an updated version keeping the built in tv tuner?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately the nowtv smart box generation two doesn't have an inbuilt Freeview TV tuner like the older gen 1 smart box and there is no way to watch the over the air TV Freeview channels with this new device like the older box.

Looks like the new smart box is now showing on their website and there are a number of technology press release articles about this new smart box on the net.

https://www.nowtv.com/tv-smart-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I presume this is very basic and wont offer the premium services Netflix does i.e. Dolby Vision and Atmos. Does it even do 5.1 sound.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shame all the Now TV content is 720p and stereo only. What they have released is a new box with Netflix in. My TV has a Netflix button so what's the point? That's it. Nothing more to see here..... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Shame all the Now TV content is 720p and stereo only. What they have released is a new box with Netflix in. My TV has a Netflix button so what's the point? That's it. Nothing more to see here..... 

Agreed I don’t see the point in releasing this box, even the cheapest 4k TVs come with 4k Netflix and 4k YouTube.