cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV box not working

In the last couple of days my box has stopped working.  It says it isn’t connected to the internet in settings even though when you go through the connection settings screen it comes up with the ticks against wireless etc so it clearly is and keeps coming up with different error numbers I.e. 009 & 016 and says ‘sorry something went wrong we’re on it we’ll be back shortly.  Plus it says Roku connected at the top of the screen which previously only showed when there was internet connection.  Been like this solidly for 2 days and I have restarted, taken cables out and put back in etc but nothing so paying for a service that just won’t work.  Everything else in the house connecting ok!

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If nothing plays with the NowTV App on your passes. 

Perhaps try switching off the power to your router for 20 minutes to see if that makes any difference. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem with the stick The original white box is working fine but cant get netflix on it It just says Sorry, something went wrong. WE're on it, we'll be back shortly If i reconnect about four times going through the ick box connection, it often gives up and lets me connect but who needs that mither . I have tried to contact now tv customer services but no reply Lookslike I will be moving to something else for my paid entertainment 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It only works after unplugging the power and wi fi and the remote starts it again a little while late after plugging it back in, this is not how it should work, can I contact anyone, can I buy another one and still use my existing account, if all else fails how do I stop my payments through my credit card company. Frustrated is not the right word right now! Can the problem be fixed please?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It only works after unplugging the power and wi fi and the remote starts it again a little while late after plugging it back in. This is not how it should work.

Can I contact anyone?

You could talk to Live Chat. But what’s ‘it’? A box, White, Black, Smart Freeview or just Smart, or a Stick, or a Roku device, or an app on a third party device? 

First try a restart, find a button on the side or the bottom, and hold it in, on the device powered up, for 30 seconds. Or if an app, delete it and re-add it.

Can I buy another one and still use my existing account?

Yes.

If all else fails how do I stop my payments through my credit card company?

Don’t do that, it gets ugly fast, and you can damage your credit rating,

Get onto a device - a laptop or PC, or your mobile phone will do fine - get into NowTV in a browser, and Cancel each of your Passes there.

Frustrated is not the right word right now! Can the problem be fixed please?

You can do most of it as above. If the reset does not work, you may have a faulty device,

There’s not much to Live Chat about if you have worked through the above, but if you still want their assistance, then:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.