cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW tv Smart Box Error Code 006

Hi there. I bought a new Now TV smart box from Argos earlier today and installed it, only when the install for the update finished, it showed up an Error Code 006, saying there was a verification problem. Tried factory rest, turning router off, turning NOW tv and router off, tried contacting Now TV customer servce via live chat, but even they were stumped and said it was a new error code and that they would escalate it with their technical team. Has anyone else had this issue and ifos, any fixes? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A forum member had success in this linked thread below with error code 006, where additional security blocking on their router caused the problem.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Error-code-006-quot-The-software-update-failed-because-the/m-p/469380

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

We had this same exact problem with the now tv smart box we bought from Argos 2days ago. After several HOURS struggling to get past the wifi connection stage/software update because of the Error ccode 006, we were finally able to take a step that happened to fix our problem and now our box is working. I hope it works for you too if your haven't sorted it out yet or for anyone with this same problem.

What we did was instead of connecting to our home wifi, I turned on my phone's hotspot and connected to that via the wireless connection, put in my hotspot password as required and lo and behold it connected and successfully updated the software. This got us in! yaaaay!!!!

You then follow instructions to activate your smart box via the website link on the screen and input the code on screen in the nowtv website page. Just follow the step where necessary then eventually you will succesfully come to the home screen. Then what you do is go to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless and then connect now to your home wifi and it will connect/change to your wifi and that solved our issue.

Let me know if it works for you. 

Thanks and have a nice day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem! I have tried taking the bar off my broadband and I've tried using my mobile hotspot and I'm still getting error code 006....help? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m getting the same