cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEEJAY
Advocate

NOW broadband and Tv but no tv stick or box. I was not aware

I have cancelled Sky and moved to Now broadband and cinema package. No one said I needed to but a box or stick and now I am unable to find any- can anyone tell me where I can purchase one. I am paying for a service and unable to watch till I have box/stick. Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BEEJAY 

The only hardware NOW provide with their Broadband service is the NOW Hub 2 Router.

You will need to provide your own streaming devices when using the NOW streaming TV service.

See if you have any suitable playback devices from this link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

The NOW boxes and NOW Stick was discontinued about a year or so back.

If you haven't got anything suitable from the list on the link above, then look at Roku streamers or an Amazon Fire Stick from places like Amazon, EBay, Argos, Currys etc.

chilli2
Elite

I own both Roku and Fire TCV (stick) my personal preference is Roku due to the uncluttered no nonsense UI .

However thats a personal preference.

One thing i would strongly advise is that you avoid the low end products, be that the "lite" versions of the firesticks, or the Express versions of roku , it may cost a little more but the outlay is worth it

DeanMat
Advocate

Thanks Chilli. Can I ask, what is the issue with the cheaper end sticks? What are the negatives?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DeanMat 

It’s down to performance CPU and RAM. The higher end are faster and more storage. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@DeanMat 

To offer a contrarian view: not much, other than the lack of 4K capability. Currys currently have a Roku Express HD on offer at £19.99 which should do the job just fine. Other retailers are available, along with opinions!  🙂

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 @DeanMat @redchiz1 

To continue @redchiz1‘s contrarian view, the Express 4K is £29.99 from the same sources, so if only 4K floats your boat, that gets over the lack of 4K on the Express HD,

I have the Express 4K, and it does all I want it to, as fast as I want it to; though the Streaming Stick is better, it’s mainly the better remote that matters there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB wrote:

I have the Express 4K, and it does all I want it to, as fast as I want it to; though the Streaming Stick is better, it’s mainly the better remote that matters there.

Very true about the remote. Except it eats batteries and most of the time I resort to the excellent Roku app. 

Nitro
Scholar 2

The best device to get is an AppleTV 4K unit. NOW, Netflix, Paramount+, Disney+, Discovery+ are all extremely fast and you will get the best homepage experience. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nitro 

Wanted to say that too, but it is annoyingly not the cheapest. Although I have swapped out my Fire sticks for two Apple TV boxes and haven't looked back.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help