cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV jumps back 29 mins when restarting after pause

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday 31/01/2018 I spent 1 hour 8 minutes of my life trying to explain the major problem that I am having with NOW TV smart box. Even after all that time spent explaining the idiot eventually sent me a link to reset my wifi  ?????

Anyway this is the problem that i am having. When watching live or anything really that can be paused, If we pause for any length of time 1 minute or 25 mins, when restarting the tv automatically jumps back to a maximum of 29 minutes. Sometimes you can fast forward and if you are lucky you can carry on where you left off but sometimes it will fast forward then jump back again  then forward by quite a bit but the soundtrack is a different part of the programme ( for those of you's that are old enough ) It's like watching Ling Chung in the the water margin lol.

We have put up with this for approx 14 days so far and now it's becoming unwatchable at times.

At first I tried to contact and complain to Now Tv via their website and what a nightmare it is to do. Round and round in circles until that becomes annoying. I even tried several times to use the live chat feature and it was like waiting for a bus out of hours. However i was pleased yesterday when i got through after 7 minutes but that was to be short lived as previously explained.

Now after yesterdays experience I am still waiting for someone from Now Tv to contact me via email or phone or whatever and still NOTHING !

I have the so called fast fibre broandband with them as well which was good at first and recently this has slowed down quite substancially . To be honest i am getting really fed up with this fiasco, So if there are more of us in the same boat out there please contact me or reply to this so we may voice our unhappiness together and only then Now Tv MIGHT get their fingers out of their backsides and do something for us all. After all we are paying for a service that we are obviously NOT receiving.  Please feel free to email me, [email removed]

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

If you're having issues with your broadband etc we do have a technical number for you to call 

Here's the number: 03303323050

OR 

Live Chat- (on the get in touch page)

Hope this helps. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

The NowTV Team have acknowledged that there is an issue with a number of customers smart boxes when using the live pause feature since the latest firmware update 7.7.3 and are in the process of fixing this bug.

More info here confirming that NowTV are aware of this problem.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Smart-box-keeps-skipping-back-once-resuming-from-pause/m-p/455575#M4872

The live pause bug doesn't seem to have affected my smart box though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve got the same problem, and so have a lot of other people - see the chat threads! It’s been happening about 4-6weeks now and it is driving us mad.
Sort it out NowTV!! 😡
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to "bump" all the messages relating to the skipping issue to the top of the board...

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We've posted an update about this issue which can be found in this thread here.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Thanks,

Karl