cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV display does not come on the TV screen

I leave my NOW TV box switched on and press Home on the control to wake it up and the light comes on the box. However, when I switch my TV on, occasionally the NOW TV display does not appear on screen. I get a "No signal" message. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and plug it back in again, the NOW TV display appears on screen and it's fine. 

I've tried changing HDMI cables and using a different HDMI connection on the back of the TV but with the same results. I tried connecting the NOW TV box to a different TV and it worked ok so that would suggest a problem with the TV. However, anything else plugged in to the same HDMI connection on the TV works fine. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The newer NOW TV branded box softwares have introduced a new 'Control other devices' (1-touch play) option, which can be found under settings.

Try disabling this new option and re-boot your NOW TV box by disconnecting and reconnecting its power cord...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply but that option is already disabled. If my TV is on, even if I'm watching via another device, the NOW TV box stays on. This problem is happening after I switch the TV back on either at the socket or from standby. I press Home on the NOW TV control and it's like the TV doesn't recognise the box is on until I unplug the HDMI cable and put it back in again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you leave your 'smart' box in standby mode or do you switch that off at the wall socket too?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I leave it on.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have your tried enabling or disabling your 'smart' boxes 'Screensaver' options?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just disabled the screensaver and still the same problem.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just disabled the screensaver and still the same problem.

Does the same thing happen if your 'smart' box is the only device plugged into your TV via HDMI?

By-the-way... What's the make and model number of your TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll try that. It's a Samsung LE32D400.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Firestick plugged in as well. I've unplugged the Firestick and tried again but the same result. It is doing it every time now. Thanks for all your help with this by the way!