cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV display does not come on the TV screen

I leave my NOW TV box switched on and press Home on the control to wake it up and the light comes on the box. However, when I switch my TV on, occasionally the NOW TV display does not appear on screen. I get a "No signal" message. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and plug it back in again, the NOW TV display appears on screen and it's fine. 

I've tried changing HDMI cables and using a different HDMI connection on the back of the TV but with the same results. I tried connecting the NOW TV box to a different TV and it worked ok so that would suggest a problem with the TV. However, anything else plugged in to the same HDMI connection on the TV works fine. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Another thing you can look at is your TV's 'CEC' (Consumer Electronics Control) settings. Samsung call this function 'Anynet+'.

If your model of TV offers this function, is it enabled or disabled?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will take a look but it will have to be later today. Should it be Enabled or Disabled?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I would 'disable' it.

Also. Your particular TV offers a maximum resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. Which means the 'smart' boxes 'Display type' mode should be set to '720p HD TV'. Not the '1080p HD TV' mode as it could confuse the TV HDMI chip-set 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I will check all this later and let you know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The CEC was already disabled and the display is now set to 720 however it's still the same problem. It's only happening when the tv has been on standby. If the tv is switched off at the socket it works fine.