cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV app issue on roku based devices

Having an odd issue with my Now TV smart box with the built in freeview tuner. Once loaded it sits on the home screen and just sits there with the spinning circles. I can hear the last watched freeview channel but cant see it. Also cant get on the TV guide. Then discovered that the NOW TV app crashes out if you go to the My TV section. When re entering the app it continuously crashes out to the home screen. I can only manage to watch NOW TV if I factory reset and go to start watching under entertainment etc. If I go to My TV it crashes and I am back to where I was.

This is incredibly annoying and as I wanted to do away with the smart box soon anyway I bought a Brand New Roku Express. Set this up today and same exact issue with the NOW TV app.

I have rebooted router several times, reboot and powered off for a while. Both devices updated and factory reset too. Its also worth noting the NOW TV app on my Samsung TV in living room works fine. So this seems to just be an issue with the Roku based devices.

The NOW TV app versions are both Version 5.7 build 135 which seems a coincidence.

Lastly all other apps seems to work fine. I use Youtube app quite a bit and this works perfectly.

I have tried nearly everything I have come across on this an other forums trying to work it out but still cant sort it out. Was working fine until a few weeks ago but cant be sure if its because of an update or not.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just gone into my Roku express and the now TV app has updated to version 5.7 build 137 from build 135 and is now working as it should. If not updated automatically try updating. Glad this has finally been sorted.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem and have tried everything I can to fix it and I've now hit a brick wall.

The home page has the spinning circles on it and if I try to load anything other than an app it just goes straight back to the home screen. I can't access Now tv at all as it just spins and goes right back, a constant cycle.

I'm hoping someone here knows how to sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issue with the Roku box, im not able to use the now TV app, has your issue been solved? The bot isn't much help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No had no response about it and still same issue. Seems like an issue with that version of the app as it's the same on 2 different devices for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same same problem, strange as it was working fine up until a few days ago.

I have a Roku express running the Now TV app. The App loads for a bit then goes back to the Roku home screen.

I have tried restarting the router, restarting the Roku express, uninstalling and reinstalling the Now TV app, forced reloading the firmware, using a different WiFi network and playing around with the resolution settings.

Nothing seems to work.

If anyone has managed to fix this please let me know.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I wouldn't be able to help much where both my NowTV Box and Roku Stick Plus run perfectly fine on the NowTV App using NowTV Fab Fibre on the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

But i was just wondering who is your ISP and are you using the supplied ISP router to see there is another common denominator apart from the NowTV App ?

Most probably it's NowTV software related, but i have seen in the past there might be something happening on Router end on one particular ISP which is causing a conflict with the NowTV App.

Just worth mentioning just in case you are all on the same ISP.

If you are all using different ISP's then at least you can remove them and their Router out of the equation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ISP is plusnet. I do use a Pi Hole DNS ad blocker but I've disabled that and still same issue. It's possible it's a plusnet issue though. But I use the app on my Samsung smart TV fine.

The only thing I want to try is set up a WiFi network on my phone and use that to bypass my ISP to see if I can rule it out. Really struggle with three mobile signal at home though so not been successful doing that. Will update if it works though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, tried to use on Roku express last night and every time I go to MY TV is exits the app and returns to Roku homescreen, I'm on Sky Broadband, really annoying.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can temporary try your mobile internet data if you wish, but it looks like the issue is over various ISP's, so everything seems to point in the direction of the NowTV App software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just gone into my Roku express and the now TV app has updated to version 5.7 build 137 from build 135 and is now working as it should. If not updated automatically try updating. Glad this has finally been sorted.