cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV 4K BOX ( NO FREEVIEW )

Can someone help me? i want to upgrade but ive noticed the new box doesnt take a coxial lead? so how would i go about watching e4 holyoaks live for example? im curious

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You won't be able to watch E4 live or any live Freeview channel because the new nowtv smart box 4K doesn't have an inbuilt TV tuner to connect a TV aerial.

If this is one of your main priorities you need featured on a streaming box, then just stick with the original smart Freeview box or use the Freeview tuner inbuilt into your television instead.

If you have a 4K smart TV the only two 4K Apps that you can use on the new nowtv smart box at the moment (i.e. Netflix & YouTube) are available on most 4K smart TV platforms anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok so what was the whole point exactly for this new box? theyve taken away a massive part of the old box and left no explanation as to why they did it?

you can stream live E4 on the all 4 app but not all tv boxes allow it. im not prepared to buy one just to test that feature

pretty dumb move by now tv

ill look elsewhere now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I was slightly disappointed myself when i found out that they ditched the inbuilt Freeview tuner on the new smart 4K box Smiley Sad

Where on my older smart box, you could jump between the Apps on the box and the live Freeview feed when channel hopping to find something to watch either on nowtv or Freeview without changing the source button on my TV.

If Freeview is not important and you have another source to watch Freeview on, then the new smart box to me feels slightly faster, the PQ looks to my eyes a tad sharper, Auto refresh frame rate adjustment which may be important to people who are septable to motion judder when not vewing at the native film rate the programme was filmed or broadcasted at.

The newer voice search remote with the TV on/off and volume adjust buttons which i like over the older smart Freeview box is a nice feature to have and can't go without now.

Also i think that NowTV was pitching this box at under £50 price point to be competitive with the other 4K streaming products out there on the market and adding a TV tuner would have tipped them over this target price (IMO).

Anyway both smart boxes have their advantages and disadvantages depending on what you are after from the box.