cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NEW NOW TV SMART BOX

Can someone please help I want to completely cancel/delete my account for Now TV. I set up an account with Now TV but today I got a Now TV Smart Box instead as I wanted the Freeview channels too but I now needs Coaxial Cable and a Ariel I have no idea where they go or what they are so now I've just had enough and want rid. I am worried money may still be taken from me as Now TV have my bank details on two accounts ( one for Now TV and one for Now TV Smart Box) please help thanks
7 REPLIES 7
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your issue to them... 

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Out of interest, where did you purchase your NOW TV 'smart' Box from. Did anyone explain to you its features?

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sufficed to say...

'Freeview' is a DVB-T (Digital Video BroadcastingTerrestrial) service. It's not an internet 'streaming' service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why would you start a new account, you can have upto 4 boxes tied to one account and use 2 for NowTV streaming at any one given time whilst the other 2 can be using any of the other apps installed on em.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why would you start a new account...

It's actually not that uncommon. Some NOW TV subscribers have got themselves into right old messes.

I seem to remember somebody posting that three lots of 'whatever the cost of an Entertainment pass was a year or so ago' was being extracted from their card... Meaning, they had three NOW TV accounts!

Then you get the people who try to get around the 14 day 'free trial' registration system, by creating multiple accounts. These people often get caught out!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why would you start a new account...

Then you get the people who try to get around the 14 day 'free trial' registration system, by creating multiple accounts. These people often get caught out!

@SeeMoreDigital Yep, people get caught out because it's one entertainment, movies and kids trial per payment method. So if people use the same method across multiple accounts, then they won't get multiple free trials and will be charged when they try to start the second trial

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
BicBasher
Elite

I have two accounts, purely because when LG were offering the free three months of Ent and two months of films in 2014, I mucked up the registration process on the television.  So ended up trying again with a different email address and was accepted.

However, I've never used the first account and still use the second.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your account. 

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team