The new nowtv box (when please)

I thought we was to have for the footie kickoff which is in a few days

Is there a problem?

Is there a pre order link?

etc etc

104 REPLIES 104
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can achive what you want by using Plex. You'll need to install the server software on your PC (wich is free) and obtain the plex app to install on the box which can be obtained from here: https://github.com/plexinc/roku-client-public/releases

Note that it involves enabling a hidden developer mode on the box though and you have to install the app via your computer, not in the traditional manner. Depending on your technical experiance it may not be something you want to play with and as such you should read up on whats involved before you consider going ahead.

There are plenty of threads in this forum to help you out with this, just search for 'Plex' or 'side loading' on this board.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Raevelyn.

That's got the issue resolved!

Installed Plex on my PC and installed the Plex app on my Now TV Box in developer mode via my PC.

I'm now happily accessing files from my PC on my TV via the Now TV Box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Glad i could be of help 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i have 2 of the black smart boxes that i use in our front room  / bedroom.

Wondered if anyone has any tips on extras that you can do with the boxes  plex etc.

I have tried plex didnt really find it useful tbh.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Kev

You know, I am somewhat surprised that you did not find Plex useful because, IMHO, it's the best thing that's ever happened to the NowTV boxes, and I'm sure other Plex/NowTV users will echo that opinion.

I'm guessing you need some guidance on how to make the most of your sideloaded app, which may not go down too well with this forum's moderators.  

Remember, this is a NowTV forum in which you can help and advice about NowTV related problems, any app that's sideloaded, although not objected to, is definitely not supported and so the user concerned is on his/her own.

May I suggested that you check out the Plex User forums where you are likely to get the guidance you are after, here's the URL:

https://forums.plex.tv

Hope this helps.

UK Bob