cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV Continue Watching list disappeared

Hi. Tuned in to my Now TV this evening and all my "watching" items are gone, completely cleared. I watched two shows yesterday and it was fine, there were about 8 different series I was in the process of watching. Do I now have to search for these and set them up again for watching it is there an easier way of doing it? Bit annoyed tbh.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has happened to me tonight as well, I’m using the standard black nowtv box though. Noticed box is very sluggish when navigating and has froze several times while streaming since last system update yesterday.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the white box and haven't noticed any slow performance the last few weeks. I've no idea why all the items were cleared. All the stuff in "Watchlist" is still there, thank goodness, I'd never be able to track all that down again!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

It seems to be an issue at the back-end as it is affecting multiple devices as well as the website itself,  as the issue is at NOW TV's end there's not much we can do to fix it other that wait for NOW TV to comment. You could try checking your continue watching on other devices to see if any yield different results. Watching content by selecting it manually does seem to make it stick in continue watching again so if you can remember which programmes you are currently watching you can find them manually to start watching and hopefully they will then stay in Continue Watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, Maybe this will also prompt NowTv to tackle the longstanding continue watching bug were the watch next button does not work when trying to binge watch a series, as this seems to affect mainly Virgin Media broadband customers it tends to get brushed off by then.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep you're not the only one suffering from that either, forum regular @Lindzi has posted about that several times. One member did mention the newest version of the Hub seemed to fix it but I don't know that it's been confirmed by anyone else yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get that no one wants to take responsibility for the issue but if NowTV won’t fix it their end they should state that the box is not fully compatible with certain VM hubs, you know so the customer can make an informed decision and all that 🤔 VM won’t hand our hub upgrades for one piece of architecture ...
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy @Anonymous User

Guys

Like everyone else, my "My TV >>>  Continue Watching" area got cleaned out/deleted yesterday, I can only presume that Now TV's techies released a software update that was not tested, or properly tested, before it was uploaded to the live system.

Now if I was a cynical man I would say that someone was doing this deliberately to create continual work for themselves but software applications being what they are need constant maintenance and updating so there would be no need for such shenanigans.

Regardless of all that, it is understandable that some undetectable bugs will creep into any system but this current one, i.e. deletion of Continue Watching, is obvious and should have been spotted beforehand.  

Therefore, it is unforgivable that this improperly tested update was released onto the live system with it's immediate and negative affect on so many Now TV users.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too, all my continue wayching list has been wiped.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy. I only use the NowTV box with my TV, not on any other devices. I manually added the missing items back last night so hopefully they will stay in place for now. Maybe Sky/NowTV will see these comments and do something about it! 😊