cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Menu Music

Why is Menu Music so Loud ?

Is there anyway to turn it off? I've been throuh settings and where there is a tab for 'menu volume' I turned it off but its made difference!

Help!..........before I go deaf or mad, whatever comes first....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Since you posted in the "smart box" sub-forum, I assume that is what you have. In that case my guess is that what you are hearing is the last Freeview channel you watched/listened to. Most likely a radio station. When you are on the home screen, the last Freeview station keeps playing in the top left hand box, and for a radion station that box is most probably blank.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps...'a bit of a pain' as you say, but not the end of the world...shame these 'workarounds' are needed, should just be able to switch off, rather than have a thumbnail constantly playing. I've put it on a music / radio station which is ok. Cheers.

Miketurn
Scholar 3

It can be very annoying having the last watched channel always playing in the Home screen, so I'd definitely like to see a way of turning it off.

At the moment I use the Blaze+1 channel, which seems to only be active around 4am for a couple of hours and is near enough to the HD channels that I can easily scroll to them when wanted.

The whole Freeview implementation has been poorly thought out from the start, and so far we've seen no improvements on it, so I don't hold out much hope of having this one 'fixed' either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi...

I have just received my smart box after using a Roku3 based box for this last year...

Better sound and picture are immediately noticable but I cant format my SD card nor can I see the usb slot.

As these slots are built in to the unit and it seems SKY have spitefully disabled them can we PLEASE have an official app to use these features!?

There can only be goodwill by providing a wav-level and HD video capable player in this connected age and only disgruntlement by leaving the ports hanging tantalisingly...

Will no one join me in a petition pleading for these features?

GF

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well 14

If you look in the "Ideas" section of the forum you will see that I have already put in a suggestion for the USB port to be activated some time ago, Sky/Now TV's response was to cripple what little flexibility the Now TV box had at the time.

Understand this, there is no way, this side of heaven, the USB and SD ports will be activated, if you want those facilities you will need to buy a Roku 3. The Now TV boxes are designed to deliver Sky/Now TV content only and nothing, such as an extra facility or utility, will be allowed to stand in the way of that objective.

UK Bob