cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Menu Music

Why is Menu Music so Loud ?

Is there anyway to turn it off? I've been throuh settings and where there is a tab for 'menu volume' I turned it off but its made difference!

Help!..........before I go deaf or mad, whatever comes first....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Since you posted in the "smart box" sub-forum, I assume that is what you have. In that case my guess is that what you are hearing is the last Freeview channel you watched/listened to. Most likely a radio station. When you are on the home screen, the last Freeview station keeps playing in the top left hand box, and for a radion station that box is most probably blank.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why is Menu Music so Loud ?

Is there anyway to turn it off? I've been throuh settings and where there is a tab for 'menu volume' I turned it off but its made difference!

Help!..........before I go deaf or mad, whatever comes first....

@Anonymous User I'm not sure there is menu music with the NOW TV Box. What kind of sound is it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony-D, the 'music' appears to be a commercial radio station and is several times louder than my normal viewing volume'. Its doing my head in!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

As far as I'm aware, none of the NOW TV branded playback devices above offer 'menu music'. There must be an issue with your set-up!

Cheers

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Since you posted in the "smart box" sub-forum, I assume that is what you have. In that case my guess is that what you are hearing is the last Freeview channel you watched/listened to. Most likely a radio station. When you are on the home screen, the last Freeview station keeps playing in the top left hand box, and for a radion station that box is most probably blank.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Mark, it was a simple solution for someone like you and a pickled walnut problem for me. I am truly grateful for you saving my ears and sanity.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark

I'm having this problem too (last Freeview channel keeps playing when I'm on the Homepage or navigating menus)...do you know how to stop it please?

Thanks

Matt

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sorry, no. you either have to live with it or make sure you always leave Freeview on a silent channel. BBC4 is good before 7PM. Or the Freeview Information channel (100?) which if I remember correctly, is always silent.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the quick response Mark...appreciate that, very kind of you. Channel 100 is a good suggestion, will try that. Cheers, Matt

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately there is no feature in the smart box settings to switch off the last live channel active thumbnail on the homepage (perhaps NowTV can look into offering customers the option in a future software update which a few customers have asked previously) ?

This is a bit of a pain, but if the live TV channel active box annoys you so much then what you could do is go to one of the TV shopping channels that doesn't broadcast until late at night l.e. say the QVC HD channel which doesn't air until 1 am early in the morning and use that as your last default channel.

The only problem is every time you want to use the Freeview TV side of the box before switching the box off you will always need to go back to say the QVC HD shopping channel on your remote (the box stores the last TV channel in its memory).

Or alternatively unplug the TV aerial which is defeating the reason for having the smart box.